Tŷ Twt - Holiday Let
Tŷ Twt is a traditionally built 16 x 14 foot timber frame cabin with a reed and straw thatched roof and verandah, set in a small mature orchard, fifty yards from the beautiful River Aled. It is also situated on the North Wales Pilgrim's Way, an ancient 130 mile walk from Basingwerk Abbey in Holywell to Bardsey Island. (www.pilgrims-way-north-wales.org)
The small kitchen area is under the traditional crog loft. The sitting room area of the cabin is double height where you can sit and gaze up at the exposed underbelly of the thatch.
We have created a comfortable cabin full of charm, peace and tranquillity. From here you can gaze across the valley whilst listening to the river and the birds. Watch the buzzards, heron and swallows by day, and watch bats and listen to the owls whilst gazing at the stars by night.
All who have visited say they feel an immense sense of calm and that it is a truly unique and wonderful place.
We've tried to think of everything! We're passionate about making sure you have a perfectly wonderful stay.
The cabin is pretty well equipped, but if there's something you think we missed just let us know and we'll see what we can do.
The cabin is open plan with a small kitchen area and sitting area.
Here's a list of some of what's included:
Bedroom Area: Double bed in the crog loft. Linen, towels, double duvet and four pillows.
Ground floor: Comfortable seating area with wood burning stove, dining space, hallway. The kitchen area is equipped with a single induction hob, slow cooker, slow cooker, combination convection/microwave oven and a toaster. It is not a standard kitchen therefore there is no conventional cooker. There’s also a selection of games, puzzle and books. There are maps of the local and surrounding area and information on things to do.
Bathroom: There is a shower, sink and flushing toilet and plenty of hot water. We are on a septic tank and subsequently aim to be as environmentally friendly as possible with product use.
Outside: Covered veranda with space to sit, and a rocking chair. Outdoor table and chairs and two deckchairs, fire pit, Amazing wildlife, dark skies, peace, beauty and an incredible view.
Firewood: We're including enough firewood for a couple of days. If you need extra, its available at £5 a trug full - just pop the money in the honesty jar. The wood can also be used in the outside oven.
Water: Is fresh mains water supply.
Electricity: This is mains and there is no additional charge for usage.
Welcome hamper: A selection of bread, cheese, butter milk, preserves, tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided on your arrival. Additional items e.g. wine, champagne, chocolate, flowers can be ordered on request in advance.
What do I need to bring?
Although we've tried to think of everything, there are still some personal items we recommend you bring with you.
- Wellies! It is Wales after all. However, if you’re arriving on foot or by bike or train let us know your sizes in advance and we'll do our best to sort you out with some.
- Toiletries (although there will be some toilet roll for your initial night).
- Food & Drink – The welcome hamper will keep you going until you get your bearings if you'd rather not bring a load of food with you and plan to shop locally. There will be information in the cabin to let you know where to shop.
- Warm clothes, waterproofs and cosy pyjamas. Sitting out at night can get a bit nippy – we've got blankets in the cabin to keep your knees warm but we'd also recommend you bring layers & a woolly jumper
- Torches are provided but you might want to bring your own lanterns. We think it's very romantic to just have the candles burning, however a word of caution – it is a timber framed building with a thatch roof so we please ask you to take great care.
© 2018 Copyright Flossie & Twts. All Rights Reserved - Website by Delwedd
Privacy Notice | Public Liability